Saturday, February 13, 2010

As I mentioned before, my momma and my sister came to visit me in San Fran.
We played tourist for the day (mainly cause we are, uh, tourists..)
and rode around on one of those giant red buses with the open top from place to place.
We stopped and visited the Japanese Tea gardens, went across the Golden Gate bridge and then back over it much to my mother's delight, explored Fillmore St where we had that delicious lunch at the plant organic cafe, saw places like City Hall and various museums and, drumroll please, went to Alamo Square park where six gorgeous victorian homes line one rather famous street.

To most normal people, they are known as the Painted Ladies.
To my family, they are known as the houses from the Full House theme song.
This is basically my sister's mecca. The place she had aimed to see her whole life.
(well, that AND the actual house they used for exterior shots but we won't bring that up. oh and it's 1709 Broderick Street for all those out there wondering and/or googling it for an hour whilst sitting in Alamo Square park. oh. just us?)

Mockery aside, the houses were beautiful and it was neat to see them in person.
I never actually feel like a tourist despite the fact that I am constantly a tourist since I don't live in any of the cities that I "live" in (did ya follow that?) but I have a really fast ability to adjust to new places. However, once in awhile it is great fun to run around with maps in your hand and looking lost and confused and excited all at once and ask for directions from strangers who will absolutely roll their eyes once you walk away. Plus, it's always nice to have people come visit you. Life on the road is really tough sometimes and once in awhile I need to see a familiar face or I think I may not make it.

Here are some shots from their time here. Happy exploring to you, wherever it is you are. xo.




mom and amy at Alamo Square/Painted Ladies/Full House theme song.
Momma and a statue of Beethoven.
Me in front of the Painted Ladies.
aka: a new facebook profile picture.
the Golden Gate bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment