Tuesday, April 13, 2010

right now ...

i am supposed to be in DC
getting ready for my next opening night
going to the gym and exploring a new city
where there are so many things to do, see, try, learn

and instead

i am stuck in bed.
in a whole lot of pain
waiting, waiting, waiting
for my sickies to go away.

this is not good.

you see, for me, being sick is a prison sentence.
everything i love to do requires me to be healthy.
yes, i know that no one likes to be sick and it causes everyone to miss work.
but for me, it's not about missing work. i love my work but it's more about not being able to sing, to move and dance and stretch, to sit up long enough to read and write and create. to work on all the projects i have in my head and on my computer and in my life.

also, i'm terribly dramatic and make a big deal out of everything
but really, being sick is literally the worst thing that occurs in my life.
(maybe this should be a reminder of how lucky i am..)

anybody have a good recipe for vegan chicken noodle soup?

1 comment:

  1. So Kerry! I hope you feel better!!!!!!! Are you vegan? I've just kind of well, am still completing I guess the transition from Vegetarian to Vegan! Vegan friends!!!!!

    ReplyDelete