Sunday, June 20, 2010

a case of the sixes


i am constantly overwhelmed with surprise
at how incredibly quickly i turn into a child
once i'm at work.
(okay, sometimes, a lot of the other time, too.)

the show started at 1 and by 1:05 i was sprawled out on the floor,
kicking my legs and yelling about how i was NOT going on stage
and NO you can NOT make me!
and sporadically giggling in between
because it was just so darn funny to me.

hannah played along, too
and started yelling back how she would drag me on stage by my apron
and i was gonna go whether i liked it or not.
(our poor dressers must really think we're crazy. or six.)

this is when i got the brilliant idea
that i will dress as a child star for next halloween
and just wear regular clothes,
big sunglasses and hold a starbucks cup
and yell a lot and make wild demands.
BRILLIANT, yes? YES.

i also tend to wear a piece of my costume backward
so it resembles a cape (i love capes almost as much as tiaras)
and tear through the hallways
and telling people i am Super Shprintze
or a QUEEN and in that case, i have hannah hold my cape for me.
naturally. queens always have cape holders.

some people aren't in touch with their inner child at all
mine just isn't inner at all.

hmm..maybe THIS is why i never have a boyfriend?
;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment