Monday, June 7, 2010

i may be in love with letterpress


this past weekend i went here:


it was swell. it was more than swell.
i had to practice not yelping and jumping around a lot but i did twirl a little bit as twirling is almost always completely necessary and acceptable.
this little shindig also gave me a great opportunity to use some self-control
because i wanted to buy almost everything i saw.
for serious.
so instead, now i am just sitting around looking at the websites
of basically every designer that was there.
a lot of the booths provided really good gift inspiration and i currently
need to figure out gifts for, oh, around 72 people,
it was a great chance to get my mind moving.
now i just need to make a plan and place some orders.

did everyone know this craft fair existed except me?
going to this also gave me a chance to finally play in williamsburg
which i have only been dying to do forever.
i had my very own williamsburg friendly guide to show me around
and he did a darn good job if i do say so myself.
anybody who will drag you up onto a roof and make you climb through wires
to show you a beautiful view of the city below is alright with me.

in other news, i only have three weeks left of my tour.
i feel like it was only last week that i finally fell in love with touring.
my sense of time is completely warped.
i was trying to figure out when i got my iphone and thought
it was about 6 months when really it was a full year ago.
your brain changes on tour, i swear.
this is really a greatgrandgood thing
but sometimes it makes it harder to relate to non-touring people
and function in "regular" society
(i.e. what do you mean no one will just clean my room for me?)
and i have certainly seen the affects it has taken on certain people as of late.
however, i love it so much and if me being on tour is too much for a person
then that person is just too much for me.

so tomorrow i head to toronto
and cleveland next week for a two weeker
and then.. then it's back to new york
and on to new adventures.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment